What is Brow Lift?
BROW LIFT is also known as forehead lift or browplasty
A BROW LIFT or forehead lift helps to tighten the soft tissues of the forehead to obtain a more youthful contour to the forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. There are many brow-lift procedures, which involve different length incisions in various locations and sometimes also involve an endoscope. A youthful brow at rest is positioned above the orbital rim, with an arch laterally, and the lateral end or ‘tail’ of the brow located higher than the medial end. With aging, it is common for the brow to assume a flat or horizontal position. If a saggy brow inhibits the facial expression, a BROW LIFT is a good option for rejuvenating the upper third of the face. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful brow-lift surgery and are extremely satisfied with the outcome.
EMI Options Available from Bajaj Finserv
Who Needs It?/ Candidature For Brow Lift
Suitable candidate for BROW LIFT :
The need for BROW LIFT :
- Saggy or low eyebrow position creating a tired sad and grumpy look.
- Deep horizontal creases developed across the forehead.
- Frown lines or furrows seen between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose.
- Excess skin or fatty tissue hanging over the eyes.
- The central portion of the brow hanging down, making an angry appearance.
- Females unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, since the surface area is showing drooping tissues due to signs of aging.
Eligibility to undergo a BROW LIFT :
- Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo BROW LIFT , But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a BROW LIFT only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the BROW LIFT if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the BROW LIFT if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You should have positive attitude!
- You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Brow Lift
- Helps to reposition a low or saggy brow that hangs over the upper eyelid.
- Raises the eyebrows to a more attractive and youthful appearance.
- Makes one look cheerful, pleasant and easily approachable.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with BROW LIFT like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.Natural:
Nowadays BROW LIFT is gaining immense popularity because it produces results that blend extremely well with a patient's facial aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to surgery, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic surgery can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
- Only a well-qualified board-certified cosmetic surgeon can predict if this procedure will achieve the desired outcome and goals.
- Choosing the appropriate brow-lift technique is very important to achieve expected outcome, hence this procedure is very much clinician dependent.
- One may also need blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) in combination with a BROW LIFT since a forehead lift does not improve baggy eyelids or crow’s feet.
Disadvantages of BROW LIFT
Brow Lift Surgery Procedure
Browplasty has evolved from open techniques to more complex short incision and endoscopic techniques.
A BROW LIFT mostly involves incisions in the hair-bearing scalp, but sometimes the incisions are made in the forehead or the upper eyelids as well.
Various methods available for BROW LIFT :
1. Open BROW LIFT :
A long incision is made across the forehead, either around the hairline or in one of the creases of the forehead, which uplifts the skin away from the underlying tissues.
The muscles are tightened and fat is removed.
Along with any excess skin, the remaining skin is pulled down, and the brow is stitched into its new position.
2. Endoscopic BROW LIFT :
The surgeon will insert an endoscope (a long, thin tube with a light at the end attached to a video camera) through several small incisions in the scalp.
This allows the surgeon to see and work on the various internal structures of the forehead.
The advantage of endoscopic technique is it requires minimal incisions, but it may not be equally beneficial for all sorts of patients.
3. Limited incision technique.
It is a hybrid combination of both procedures, which involves non-endoscopic with limited incisions.
It uses a small portion of the ends of the coronal technique incision to lift the outside part of the eyebrows under direct vision without the help of an endoscope.
The resulting scar marks are covered in the temporal hairline, even in balding men who have very little temporal hair remaining.
While this procedure does not consider the center area of the brow, but it can definitely reduce wrinkles at the corners of the eyes, also known to as 'crow's feet.'
Most of the times forehead-lift procedures are done with an upper blepharoplasty, the upper eyelid incisions are used to accomplish the forehead-lift procedure by treating the 'frown' lines between the eyebrows and uplift the inside part of the eyebrows.
The type of BROW LIFT you wish to undergo will be based on the facial features and aesthetic preferences.
The goal of an aesthetic plastic surgeon and the entire staff is to help you achieve the most beautiful and natural-looking effect, as well as to make the surgical experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
The brow-lift incisions will be based on the technique your surgeon uses and will result in scars. The incisions are generally placed in a way that they will be well concealed, frequently within or at the hairline, or within the deep forehead crease.
4. Open (coronal) technique.
The incision is done at the top of the scalp, starting above the ears and concealed within the hair.
5. Endoscopic forehead lift:
Includes three short incisions along the top of the scalp and a temple incision on each side. These incisions can be totally covered within the hair.
6. Limited incision technique:
The incisions will be concealed in the temporal hairline (temples). If the forehead lift is done in combination with an upper blepharoplasty, upper eyelid incisions will be used to complete the forehead lift by treating 'frown' lines between the eyebrows and uplifting the inside part of the eyebrows.
Brow Lift Surgery Alternatives
BROW LIFT Alternatives
Excess eyelid skin, droopy upper eyelids, and droopy eyebrows are commonly observed in the same patient. It is not possible to achieve a good aesthetic and functional result unless all three problems are taken into consideration. The cosmetic surgeon will closely assess the problem, considering the hairline and hair style preferences, and make a recommendation that will yield the least scarring and the best cosmetic outcome.
- If there is mild to moderate brow droop and horizontal wrinkles, an endoscopic lift may be a good option.
- If there are advanced brow droop with deep wrinkles, a coronal forehead lift may be most correct method.
- If one has a high forehead, to avoid raising your hairline further, one may undergo a subcutaneous lift. In this method, the incision is near the hairline, leaving visible scars that can be hidden with hair.
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Brow Lift Surgery
If you are considering BROW LIFT , it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that reshaping your brows will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
While some people think that BROW LIFT is just a cosmetic procedure, it is in fact a medical procedure required for some people. BROW LIFT is done, not just to enhance your appearance but to also contribute to your overall health. Although having a BROW LIFT is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have BROW LIFT .
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of plastic surgery is to schedule an appointment with a proficient surgeon.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a surgery and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the surgery.
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. He should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during surgery. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The surgeon will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. Surgeon might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the surgery.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo BROW LIFT must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the BROW LIFT doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.
The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.
Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.
Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do's And Don'ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid nose blowing or sniffing through the nose especially after rhinoplasty or nose job.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Brow Lift
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
How soon you can start exercising?
What type of exercise?
How much time?
Don't start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. Swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience. Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Brow Lift please contact
Dr. Salil Patil
Facial Cosmetics Surgery
Third Floor,Bhondve Corner building,
Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road,Ravet
Call Us: +91 89802 08978
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.