Breast implants can restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, achieve a more r... Read more
- What Is Breast Implant (Augmentation) ?
- Who Needs Breast Implant (Augmentation)?
- Benefits Of Breast Implant (Augmentation)
- Breast Implant (Augmentation) Procedure
- Breast Implant (Augmentation) Alternatives
- Risks with Breast Implant (Augmentation)
- Preparing For Breast Implant (Augmentation)
- Post Surgery Care/ Maintainance
- Seek Medical Help
- Cost of Breast Implant (Augmentation)
- Legal Disclaimer
What is Breast Implant (Augmentation)?
Breast augmentation is also referred to as 'breast aug' or 'breast job', boobs job, breast enhancement surgery, mammoplasty, 'breast enlargement' or 'breast implants'
In this process womens breast are enlarged or in some cases reestablished as per a patients requirement. This procedure can also restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, achieve a better breast size equality or more rounded breast shape . This enhancement is done by using a silicone gel implant or saline implant or also in some cases fat from other parts of the body is transferred to the breast, this process is called fat transfer breast augmentation.
It increases the projection of breasts and makes them appear more complete, also improves the balance of breast and hip form, enhancing self-image and self-confidence.
What are breasts composed of?
Female breasts comprise three main structures that are positioned above the pectoralis muscle: skin, fat, and glandular breast tissue (milk ducts and milk-producing glands).
Glandular tissue in the breasts may not develop proportionally with the rest of the body. Some women have more than others for no apparent reason.
EMI OPTIONS AVAILABLE FROM BAJAJ FINSERV for Breast Implant (Augmentation) / Breast Enlargement / Breast Job / Boobs Job
Who Needs Breast Implan (augmentation)?/ Candidature For Breast Implant (Augmentation)
Who is the best candidate for BREAST IMPLANT (AUGMENTATION)?
- If you think this surgery will help you to feel better about your appearance and restore your confidence in your sexuality.
- If you think this surgery will make your appearance confident
- If you think this surgery will give you feeling of “wholeness”
- If your breasts are asymmetrical and surgery will improve symmetry
- To allow you to wear certain clothes which you like
- If you think this surgery will give you feeling of femininity
- If you have gone through a surgical operation to remove a breast (mastectomy) and cancer experience.
Eligibility to undergo a BREAST IMPLANT (AUGMENTATION):
- Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo BREAST AUGMENTATION, But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a BREAST AUGMENTATION only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the BREAST AUGMENTATION if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the BREAST AUGMENTATION if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You should have positive attitude!
- You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Breast Implant (Augmentation)
- It’s a long term solution
- You will not have to live with external breast pads or breasts.
- You can start living new life without reminding mastectomy and cancer experience.
- It can help you feel better about how you look and restore confidence in your sexuality.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with BREAST AUGMENTATION like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.Natural
Nowadays BREAST AUGMENTATION is gaining immense popularity because it produces results that blend extremely well with a patient's body aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
IMPROVED PHYSICAL HEALTH:
Some cosmetic surgery procedures have double advantage; it will improve physical health as well as your looks.
For example, a rhinoplasty or nose job enhances the aesthetics of the nose and at the same time helps improve breathing and can potentially reduce sinus infections.
Breast reduction surgery, which is commonly requested by many women has benefits for not only improving aesthetic appearance and but also eliminates any physical and emotional discomfort which come along with it.
Some researchers also believe that removal of breast tissue in men can lower the risk of cancer in that tissue.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to surgery, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic surgery can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
Breast Implant (Augmentation) Surgery Procedure
Breast implants are used to voluminise the breasts, but cannot reshape or alter the glandular tissue component of the female breast. Breast implants always sit beneath the glandular tissue – whether placed in a sub-muscular or sub-glandular position.
Glandular tissue also referred as the milk-producing part of the breast is organized into 15 to 20 sections, called lobes. Within each lobe are smaller structures, called lobules, where milk is produced. The amount of fat determines the size of the breast.
Breast implants can restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, achieve a more rounded breast shape or improve natural breast size asymmetry, without reshaping the glandular tissues. Breast implants are always underneath glandular tissues irrespective of their placement in sub muscular or subglandular area.
Breast implants is done in the fat layer area of the breast also called as adipose tissue it gives the breast the softer feel while Skin envelopes the fat and glandular layer may be needed to stretch to shelter the breast implants which will enhance the size of the breast.
Breast Implant (Augmentation) / Breast Enlargement / Breast Enhancement Surgery Before and After Images
Breast Implant (Augmentation) Surgery Alternatives
Women who don’t want breast reconstruction surgery have following main options:
Using a breast form/ Prosthesis
Choosing the right bra for your breast form
Botox Breast Lift
All-Natural Breast-Enhancing Supplements"
External Breast Prostheses and "Falsies"
Associated Risks with Breast Implant (Augmentation)
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Breast Implant (Augmentation)
If you are considering BREAST AUGMENTATION, it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that this treatment will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
Although having a BREAST AUGMENTATION is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have BREAST AUGMENTATION.
Appropriate consultation for Breast Implant (Augmentation) or Breast Enlargement in pune
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of cosmetic treatment is to schedule an appointment with a proficient doctor.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a treatment and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the same
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. Physician should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during treatment. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The doctor will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. doctor might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the treatment.
RECOVERY TIME after Breast Implant (Augmentation)
Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
Patients who wish to undergo BREAST AUGMENTATION must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
The Outcome of Breast Implant (Augmentation) procedure
Sometimes the BREAST AUGMENTATION doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects of Breast Implant (Augmentation) surgery
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.
The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.
Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.
Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Breast Implant (Augmentation) : Post Surgery Do’s And Don'ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Breast Implant (Augmentation)
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
How soon you can start exercising?
What type of exercise?
How much time?
Don't start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL +91 7391097833 or Expect a call from us,
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. For some procedures swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience. Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Breast Implant (Augmentation) please contact
Dr Salil Patil Breast Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Pune for Breast Implant (Augmentation) / Breast Enlargement in pune
Breast Implant (Augmentation), Breast Cosmetic Clinic in Pune / PCMC
Dhanwantari's Chrysalis Multispecialty Hospital
Third Floor, Bhondve Corner building, Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road, Ravet, Pune-412101
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.