What is UPPER BODY LIFT ?
It is also known as body lift or back lift.
Surgery for Upper - body - lift consists of a single or multiple procedures, including an upper - arm –lift, breast lift (also called gynecomastia) or surgery to remove excess, accumulated fat along the back. After liposuction or excessive weight loss, the excessive skin, that sags, is removed to create a sleek and well - contoured body. It improves a person’s appearance and assures him of a greater self - esteem.
EMI Options Available from Bajaj Finserv
Who Needs It?/ Candidature For Upper Body Lift
Who is the best candidate for UPPER BODY LIFT?
- If one has, in the immediate past, gone through an exceptionally large weight loss either naturally or through bariatric surgery.
- The excess skin can also be around arms, chest or waist. (This is particularly noticeable amongst elderly people who had indulged in ‘body building’ during their younger days or were way overweight and lost weight rapidly due to some reason or the other.)
- Your lower back looks like a tyre, i.e. there is too much fat present in that region. It is also called back rolls.
- You have loose skin on your upper body. This is likely to have occurred due to fat pockets in your upper body being removed by liposuction.
- You have rolls on your back. You have loose skin on your breasts and under your arms. The excessive fat under your loose skin is relatively thin.
- Since smoking slows down the healing process, you must quit at least one and a half months before surgery. If you are a non - smoker, you would be eligible.
- Your weight has not changed substantially at least for the past half a year or so and no further loss is expected. For ideal results, assuming that one has started a large loss in weight programme, one should keep away from body contouring for at least two years. This lets your skin to shrink as much as possible and also your food intake is more or less the same. This helps in your recovery procedure.
- You are physiologically in good health and not suffering from diabetes or heart disease. People who are ill off and on should not go in for body contouring. Before you decide to undergo this procedure, visit your family doctor and get an assurance from him that you are in a position to undergo plastic surgery and any other procedures that may arise.
- To be really an ideal candidate, you should have a positive frame of mind, good health and not be encumbered by any debilitating diseases.
- For an upper body lift you will have to undergo a general anesthetic procedure. Your involvement will depend upon which method you are subjected to.
Eligibility to undergo a UPPER BODY LIFT:
- Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo UPPER BODY LIFT, But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a UPPER BODY LIFT only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the UPPER BODY LIFT if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the UPPER BODY LIFT if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Upper Body Lift
- You will look much smarter because your clothes drape better on your body.
- Rash or chafing caused by loose skin will be eliminated.
- Bulges and roll will be eliminated due to surgery. This will improve your attitude towards yourself.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with UPPER BODY LIFT like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.Natural
Nowadays UPPER BODY LIFT is gaining immense popularity because it produces results that blend extremely well with a patient's body aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
IMPROVED PHYSICAL HEALTH:
Some cosmetic surgery procedures have double advantage; it will improve physical health as well as your looks.
For example, a rhinoplasty or nose job enhances the aesthetics of the nose and at the same time helps improve breathing and can potentially reduce sinus infections.
Breast reduction surgery, which is commonly requested by many women has benefits for not only improving aesthetic appearance and but also eliminates any physical and emotional discomfort which come along with it.
Some researchers also believe that removal of breast tissue in men can lower the risk of cancer in that tissue.
Liposuction is a process in which the body is reshaped by removing fats from that particular part of the body, and it typically targets problem areas that do not respond well to diet and exercise.
Patients seeking body contouring find it is easier to keep the weight down after lipoplasty. The positive results of liposuction can influence the patient to maintain a healthy diet and exercise program to keep their weight in check.
Appropriate weight control can lead to a healthier body and reduced risks associated with obesity and excessive weight gain.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to surgery, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic surgery can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
Large scars will appear on your body due to the body being cut open at various places.
Essentially, this is a necessary plastic surgery and it takes quite some time for the patient to recover.
This procedure is likely to make you stay in the hospital for 3 to 4 days, followed by an attendant nurse at home.
Upper Body Lift Surgery Procedure
Most of the time patients put under general anesthesia for this surgery. Patients most of the time requires following surgeries
- Upper arm lift:
- Breast Lift
- Back lift
People, who are thinking of trying out this procedure, which is also known as brachioplasty, are likely to have the excess fat removed from their arms by liposuction. To get rid of the loose skin on your arm, an incision will be made below the armpit or along the back of the arm. People who are looking forward to a very high weight loss, the cut/incision will run from the elbow to the armpit and is likely to extend towards the upper chest wall and back. Whatever extra skin, a person may have, will be removed through this incision.
In the back lift procedure upper back and lower back contour is enhanced by removing extra fat and excess skin, which gives more toned aesthetic look.
In the Upper Back Lift Procedure , fatty collection is removed from of mid to upper back region including sides of upper abdomen.
In the Lower back lift procedure fatty collections is removed from mid to lower back region including sides of lower abdomen.
This procedure involves abdominoplasty , thigh lift and also needs to remove some fat from outer thigh and buttock area.
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Upper Body Lift Surgery
If you are considering UPPER BODY LIFT, it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that this treatment will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
Although having a UPPER BODY LIFT is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have UPPER BODY LIFT.
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of cosmetic treatment is to schedule an appointment with a proficient doctor.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a treatment and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the same
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. Physician should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during treatment. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The doctor will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. doctor might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the treatment.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo UPPER BODY LIFT must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the UPPER BODY LIFT doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
You need to ask your doctor about side effects of the treatment. FOllowing list is general and effects may vary based on surgery
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.
The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.
Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.
Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do's And Don'ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- If you have face, neck related treatment then
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Upper Body Lift
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
How soon you can start exercising?
What type of exercise?
How much time?
Don't start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL +91 7391097833 or Expect a call from us,
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. For some procedures swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience. Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Upper Body Lift please contact
Dr. Salil Patil
Body Contouring Procedures
Third Floor,Bhondve Corner building,
Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road,Ravet
Call Us: +91 89802 08978
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.