What is LIPOMAS ?
Lipomas (Skin Lumps) are small swellings of fat in the subcutaneous layer of the body. Lipomas are extremely common and generally symptomless. Some people may have multiple lipomas (in hundreds) i.e. Lipomatosis which can leave one with an unsightly lumpy bump appearance surgical removal through small keyhole invasions with liposuction can effectively treat this problem. However patients should be aware of the high chances of recurrence..
Lipomas are defined as tumours of the soft tissue. Mostly they are formed with in the adipose (fatty) tissue and they can occur in many shapes, sizes and places on the body. They are mostly likely to develop in adults around middle age (40 to 60) but are often detected as congenital lipomas in children.
They are mainly a type of benign tumour and are soft to the touch, moveable and mostly painless. They are mostly formed between the skin and underlying muscle but can also be form in the deep muscle tissues such as the intramuscular septa, or in the abdominal organs, the oral cavity, the internal auditory canal, the cerebellopontine angle and the thorax region.
Visible moles, warts, birthmarks or skin tags may run an otherwise unblemished complexion such unsightly marks can be removed by LASERs, RF Cautery Or surgery. You can now flaunt flawless skin with confidence.
EMI Options Available from Bajaj Finserv
Who Needs It?/ Candidature For Lipomas
Who is the best candidate for LIPOMAS TREATMENT ?
You have lipomas
- If you are in always conscious about the its appearance.
- If you think this treatment will help you to feel better about your appearance and restore your confidence.
- If you think this treatment will make your appearance confident
- If you think this treatment will give you feeling of “wholeness”
Eligibility to undergo a LIPOMAS TREATMENT :
- Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo LIPOMAS TREATMENT , But to be an eligible candidate for treatment you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every treatment procedure including plastic or cosmetic treatment involves certain risks. You should undergo a LIPOMAS TREATMENT only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular treatment will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the LIPOMAS TREATMENT if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the treatment and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You need to consult doctor before undergoing a cosmetic treatment if you have serious health issues like allergies, diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the LIPOMAS TREATMENT if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You should have positive attitude!
- You expectations from the outcome of the treatment should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Lipomas
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to treatment, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic treatment can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Lipomas Surgery Procedure
Lipomas can be treated by removal of the tumour by a capable and cosmetic surgeon. Lipomatosis, which is also known as liposis, adiposis or lipomatoza etc all are synonyms for groups of lipomas present at a single location in the body.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Any treatment procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the treatment.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic treatment is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the treatment, than you will most probably never feel better after treatment because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic treatment is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Lipomas Surgery
If you are considering LIPOMAS TREATMENT , it is important to take the time to determine why you want the treatment in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that this treatment will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
Although having a LIPOMAS TREATMENT is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have LIPOMAS TREATMENT .
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of cosmetic treatment is to schedule an appointment with a proficient doctor.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a treatment and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the same
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. Physician should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during treatment. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The doctor will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. doctor might also suggest an additional treatment which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the treatment.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo LIPOMAS TREATMENT must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of treatment to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the LIPOMAS TREATMENT doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the treatment will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the treatment and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
You need to ask your doctor about side effects of the treatment. FOllowing list is general and effects may vary based on treatment
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post treatment. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.
The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after treatment. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.
Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.
Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the treatment can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post treatment. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic treatment as after some days or weeks which depends on treatment, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do's And Don'ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your treatment.
Post treatment do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- If you have face, neck related treatment then
- Avoid massaging or touching the treated area immediately after treatment
- Avoid lying down or inverting the body after your treatment
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face treatment.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after treatment.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after treatment.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the treatment to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your treatment area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Lipomas
After cosmetic treatment many patients asks about post treatment exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
How soon you can start exercising?
What type of exercise?
How much time?
Don't start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL +91 7391097833 or Expect a call from us,
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. For some procedures swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience. Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Lipoma please contact
Dr. Salil Patil
Laser Skin Treatment/ Facial Laser Resurfacing
Third Floor,Bhondve Corner building,
Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road,Ravet
Call Us: +91 89802 08978
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.