What is Dermal Fillers ?
Dermal fillers also commonly known as fillers or soft tissue fillers are predominantly used for removal of facial lines and also to rejuvenate the volume and fullness in the face.
With increasing age that is the processing of aging, the face naturally starts losing the subcutaneous fat. The facial skin is stretched a bit resulting into loss of facial volume. Important factors that make the facial skin look dull are sun exposure, sometimes also heredity and mainly lifestyle and dietary habits.
Application of dermal fillers:
- It can rejuvenate the thin lips by making them a bit plump.
- It can improve the shallow contours.
- It can help smoothen the facial creases and wrinkles which are developed as a result of aging.
- It can help to reduce the scar marks.
- It can help to redevelop contour deformities in the face.
- Dermal fillers is a very handy and cost effective procedure for those with early signs of aging.
Permanent as well as temporary injectable fillers are available to suit your requirement.
Injectable fillers can plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases, remove wrinkles and improve the appearance of recessed scars.
Fillers address the 3 ‘D’s of ageing,
- Deterioration: wrinkles, skin texture
- Descent: dropping & sagging
- Deflation: volume loss
Fillers restore volume & beauty that has been affected by the environment age and gravity.
Mechanism of action:
Generally individuals prefer the surgical approach like a facelift, brow lift or eye lift to eliminate their issues. But dermal fillers can be a good option for those who do not want to undergo any surgery or invasive technique for rectifying their issues.
The major disadvantage is that it is temporary procedure for removal of fine lines, wrinkles etc.
It cannot be considered as a procedure with long term outcome.
EMI Options Available from Bajaj Finserv
Who Needs It?/ Candidature For Dermal Fillers
Who is the best candidate for Dermal Fillers?
- In case you are thinking about facelift, brow lift, eye lift dermal fillers can be a good option for those who do not want to undergo any surgery or invasive technique for rectifying your issues.
- If you want to enhance your contours of your jaw, cheeks or lips
- If you want to remove deep lines/ wrinkles around eyes, brow or mouth
Eligibility to undergo a Dermal Fillers:
- Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo Dermal Fillers, But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a Dermal Fillers only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the Dermal Fillersif you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the Dermal Fillers if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You should have positive attitude!
- You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Dermal Fillers
- Application of dermal filler is less time consuming
- Dermal filler requires topical anesthetic and not general
- Fillers can be adjusted to meet your requirements
- You get results immediately after procedure there is little or no down time.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with Dermal Fillers like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.Natural
Nowadays Dermal Fillers is gaining immense popularity because it produces results that blend extremely well with a patient's body aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
IMPROVED PHYSICAL HEALTH:
Some cosmetic surgery procedures have double advantage; it will improve physical health as well as your looks.
For example, a rhinoplasty or nose job enhances the aesthetics of the nose and at the same time helps improve breathing and can potentially reduce sinus infections.
Breast reduction surgery, which is commonly requested by many women has benefits for not only improving aesthetic appearance and but also eliminates any physical and emotional discomfort which come along with it.
Some researchers also believe that removal of breast tissue in men can lower the risk of cancer in that tissue.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Dermal Fillers Surgery
If you are considering Dermal Fillers, it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that this treatment will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
Although having a Dermal Fillers is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have Dermal Fillers.
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of cosmetic treatment is to schedule an appointment with a proficient doctor.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a treatment and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the same
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. Physician should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during treatment. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The doctor will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. doctor might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the treatment.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo Dermal Fillers must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the Dermal Fillers doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
Seek Medical Help
CALL +91 7391097833 or Expect a call from us,
Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Dermal Filler Treatment please contact
Dr. Salil Patil
Laser Skin Treatment/ Facial Laser Resurfacing
Third Floor,Bhondve Corner building,
Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road,Ravet
Call Us: +91 89802 08978
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.