What is Chin Remodeling?
Also known as chin implants or facial implants
Chin Surgery can be considered as one of the most striking cosmetic facial surgeries. Many individuals have very low self-esteem due to the fact that their lower face and jaw have not developed properly. This can be considered as a genetic situation and other family members may also show similar traits.
In addition to enhancing the profile, chin surgery can also tighten and enhance the saggy and fatty tissues in the neck. Few chin surgery patients may feel the need to have a minor liposuction which enhances the chin and addresses fatty or sagging neck skin.
Chin implants can be done with the help of an incision inside the mouth for a completely hidden scar. Implants can also be placed through the skin under the jaw using a tiny incision.
Chin implants are extremely important when facial balance is required in the lower part of the face.
Chin deficiency is usually visible looking at a person’s side profile, where the chin should align with a vertical line drawn through the philtrum (junction between nose and upper lip). The cosmetic surgeons use silicone implants and also customize the implant to fit a patient’s individual jaw line.
A chin implant is a minimal risk procedure that can greatly enhance or improve facial features of a patient’s face, and is also completely removable and reversible.
The chin implant can be done under local anesthesia with twilight anesthesia, by making a tiny incision under the chin into a natural hidden crease.
The stitches are usually removed one week after the procedure.
The implants used during surgery are maintenance-free.
Chin implants on their own can be done as a single procedure, or are mostly combined with rhinoplasty, cheek augmentation or facelift to improvise the outcome.
Although a Chin reshaping surgery conventionally involves making cuts into the jaw (mentoplasty) and resetting of the position of the jaw (sliding genioplasty), it also requires significant surgical morbidity and with realignment of the jaw it takes a longer recovery time, risk of cross bite and nerve injury.
Modern day chin implants provide a very safe way of avoiding mentoplasty or sliding genioplasty, while restoring natural facial proportions.
In women, chin implants reimpose facial proportion and natural beauty.
While in men, having a well formed chin is a key feature of favourable male facial aesthetics.
Facial implants are designed to augment, reconstruct, or rejuvenate the facial features. They are obtainable in a wide range of sizes and styles which help restore contour and proportion of the face. Facial implants can be also used to enhance the chin and jaw, to provide the sculpted cheekbones that one wishes to have.
EMI Options Available from Bajaj Finserv
Who Needs It?/ Candidature For Chin Remodeling
Who is the best candidate for Chin Remodeling?
The need for chin remodeling:
If having a weak, receding chin and want to make it more projectable and improve the jawline.
To escalate the definition and obtain fullness of cheeks.
To restore the shape and proportion of facial features which have become dull due to aging
To improve facial asymmetry or deformities resulting from injury or congenital conditions (conditions by birth).
Eligibility to undergo a Chin Remodeling :
Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo CHIN REMODELING , But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a CHIN REMODELING only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
You shall be a good candidate for the CHIN REMODELING if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
You shall not be a good candidate for the CHIN REMODELING if you smoke or drink too much alcohol
You should have positive attitude!
You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Chin Remodeling
- Helps to rectify facial asymmetry and deficiencies especially in the chin, cheek or jaw.
- It does not require procedures on other parts of the body (such as fat grafting from one’s abdomen to add volume to one’s face)
The chin remodeling procedure is relatively fast to perform and are long lasting.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with CHIN REMODELING like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.Natural:
Nowadays ABCD SURGERY is gaining immense popularity because it produces results that blend extremely well with a patient's facial aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to surgery, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic surgery can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
Disadvantages of chin remodeling:
- Infection, which could lead to removal of implant.
- There are chances or risk of contour abnormalities if the implants shift or become malpositioned.
- There is a slight possibility of damage to facial nerves and musculature after the procedure.
Chin Remodeling Surgery Procedure
- The procedure for placing facial implants follows more or less similar pattern for all facial areas.
- Surgical markings are drawn on the face to guide the surgeon in implant placement, and to indicate location of beneath structures.
- The patient is positioned supine (face-up) on the operating table and both general and local anesthetic is given.
- The surgeon makes a tiny cut, where the implant needs to be placed.
- A pocket is made in the facial tissue where the implant needs to be inserted.
- The implant is gently placed using a sterilized clamp.
- The incision is closed with surgical seam and can be bandaged or taped.
- Incisions are made in areas where the implant needs to be placed, which are as follows:
- Incision is made below the chin or inside the mouth at the gum/lip junction especially for a chin implant.
- Incision is made inside the mouth or through a lower eyelid or brow lift during a cheek implant.
- Incisions are made around the eyes (transconjunctival or blepharoplasty incisions) or inside the mouth while doing a tear trough implant.
Double chin Correction
The causes of a double chin:
- A double chin usually has one or two of the following issues:
- The first issue being: The chin is weak since the bony part of the chin does not project forward adequately enough and is underdeveloped. A small chin is named as microgenia.
- The second issue being: Excess tissue beneath the chin which could be as a result of extra fat, extra skin, or both.
General surgical options for a double chin:
- Liposuction can help remove extra fat if that is the predominant cause of the double chin.
- A neck lift would be helpful in removing both extra fat and extra skin.
- Both liposuction and neck lift would improve the appearance of the jaw.
- A chin implant could be helpful by improving the projection of the chin.
- Non surgical double chin correction can be done with deoxycholate injections if skin tone is good and lesser degree of correction is required.
Chin Remodeling Surgery Alternatives
Facial implants for chin, cheek, jaw, and tear trough are obtainable in solid silicone rubber.
Tailor made implants can also be created, but they are usually more time-consuming and expensive.
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Chin Remodeling Surgery
If you are considering CHIN REMODELING , it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that reshaping your nose will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
While some people think that CHIN REMODELING is just a cosmetic procedure, it is in fact a medical procedure required for some people. CHIN REMODELING is done, not just to enhance your appearance but to also contribute to your overall health. Although having a CHIN REMODELING is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have CHIN REMODELING .
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of plastic surgery is to schedule an appointment with a proficient surgeon.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a surgery and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the surgery.
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. He should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during surgery. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The surgeon will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. Surgeon might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the surgery.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo CHIN REMODELING must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the CHIN REMODELING doesn't produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.
The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.
Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.
Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do's And Don'ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid nose blowing or sniffing through the nose especially after rhinoplasty or nose job.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Chin Remodeling
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body.
You need to consult your doctor about
How soon you can start exercising?
What type of exercise?
How much time?
Don't start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. Swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience. Please do not hesitate to ever contact our office.
For any queries regarding Chin Remodeling please contact
Dr. Salil Patil
Facial Cosmetics Surgery
Third Floor,Bhondve Corner,
Ravet-D.Y.Patil College Road,Ravet
Call Us: +91 89802 08978
Enquire Us Today
Our Medical Team
Our medical team comprises highly accomplished and dedicated doctors,nurses,physicians. Our doctors prepares personalized treatment plans considering patient’s persona which truly integrates whole person.
Since the recommended cosmetic surgery will differ from person to person, the overall cost of treatment can also vary depending on numerous factors.
Patients should discuss the total cost of surgery with their surgeons.
Cosmetic surgery is generally not covered by any medical insurance. However, once in a while, if there is a medical condition related to the surgery, there can be some form of insurance compensation available.
Mostly medical insurance is provided to surgeries used to repair birth defects, reconstructive surgery after an accident or severe burns etc.
Medical Finance Services
Most of the time cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medical insurance unless the problem is medical. In such cases ask our staff whether any finance is available for certain surgeries. If finance is available you need to fill the form with some required and documents.